Terms & Conditions
SMARTSIGNZ (t/a D H Andrews Ltd – Regd No 9339289)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND TRADING
Acceptance of Orders/Instructions
We will only accept orders or instructions from the customer under the terms and conditions of sale and trading detailed below.
All quotations given verbally will be regarded as provisional only. A firm quotation will be given only on sight of and receipt of final artwork/signage required. Quotations are valid for 30 days.
Artwork & Visuals
A one off design fee of £25 applies. All work by way of amendment or alteration may incur additional costs. A proof will be produced by Smartsignz prior to the commencement of any work. It is the customer’s responsibility to approve this artwork and to notify Smartsignz of any changes required. We will accept no responsibility for mistakes under any circumstances after proofing or instruction. Verbal instructions taken face to face or by telephone prior to mutual approval of final artwork are at the customers own risk. Where artwork is supplied by the client, it is responsibility of the client to ensure the artwork is in a ‘print ready’ format with instructions regarding scale provided.
Digitally Printed Media
Due to the limitations and the sensitivity of the various substrates used within the sign industry, it is impossible to reproduce all colours exactly. Therefore, in the absence of the customer to select the appropriate colour match, reproduction is at our discretion. Please note it is a manufacturer’s recommendation that all digitally printed media is left for a minimum of 48 hours to air. This is to allow the correct release of the solvents used within the process. Smartsignz will not be held responsible for the subsequent failure of the media if forced by the customer’s own deadlines to operate outside this recommended timeframe. In the event that customers use their own materials, we accept no responsibility.
To achieve maximum results, all vehicles must arrive clean, free from grease, stains and dirt and free from existing graphics. There will be a charge levied if Smartsignz has to clean and prepare the vehicle prior to the installation of graphics. This will be charged at our normal hourly rate. Where artwork is supplied by the client, it is responsibility of the client to ensure the artwork is in a ‘print ready’ format with instructions regarding scale provided. It is the responsibility of the designer to check the dimensions and layout of the actual vehicle. Where Smartsignz provides the artwork, it is essential that the customer fully checks the final proof with the actual vehicle to check for any variations, e.g. style of lights, positioning of number plates and other major or minor variations from the template proof provided. Smartsignz cannot be held responsible for any paint damage during the removal of existing graphics since we cannot know the integrity of the existing paintwork or lacquer.
1. Payment is due upon completion of works or services whether or not the customer collects the work in question. Should delivery be required, Smartsignz reserves the right to make any specific prior agreement in respect of any overtime or other additional costs whereby incurred. Should work be suspended or delayed through no fault of Smartsignz for a period of 14 days, Smartsignz shall be entitled to payment for work already carried out.
2. Smartsignz shall be entitled to charge interest monthly at the rate of 8% per annum above the Bank of England lending rate from time to time on any invoice which remains unpaid after the work is completed and ready for collection and to charge a one off fee as per the late payment of commercial debts legislation
3. Smartsignz shall be entitled to recover from the customer all costs and disbursement incurred by them in employing a Solicitor, debt collecting agent or other third party to enforce or collect payment of any overdue accounts upon the same becoming overdue by more than seven days.
4. While any invoice is overdue for more than 7 days, Smartsignz reserves the right to withhold or suspend performance of any outstanding work with the same customer
5. All goods remain the property of Smartsignz until payment has been paid in full.
6. Smartsignz may from time to time agree to vary the above terms in respect of payment but the customer may only rely upon variation of the said terms, which are expressly agreed by Smartsignz in writing.
Smartsignz shall not be liable for indirect loss sustained by the customer or any third party occasioned by delay on the part of Smartsignz in completing any work. Smartsignz shall not be liable for paintwork peeling from customers vehicles if the paintwork generally is in poor condition.
All complaints must be received in writing within 7 days past the completion of the work. At this time, Smartsignz will strive to resolve all complaints promptly and efficiently. We make every effort possible to ensue all problems are resolved and mistakes corrected. In the event where the vinyl is damaged due to no fault of our own (mechanical damage etc) the customer obliges to pay the costs of the correction. We will not take responsibility for any damage resulting from the workmanship or application of the vinyl.
The customer warrants to Smartsignz that any work that Smartsignz are asked to carry out will not result in any infringement of any copyright, patent or design and will not result in any action for defamation. All contracts are subject to any variations which may be necessary as a result of inability by Smartsignz to secure labour, materials or supplies, breakdown of machinery, or as a result of any Act of God, War, dispute, fire, flood, drought or any other matter beyond the control of Smartsignz.
These terms and conditions of sale and trading shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales
Smartsignz is a trading name of D H Andrews Services – Registration Number 9339289